Glenmorangie have recently launched a new whisky, A Tale of Winter. This release has inspired four hot and cold cocktails you may enjoy this winter. The cocktails use different Glenmorangie whiskies, and are all simple to make at home. A perfect way to warm up on a cold winter evening!
Winter Old Fashioned
- 50ml Glenmorangie A Tale of Winter
- 1 tsp Demerara sugar
- 3 dashes bitters
- Cinnamon stick and orange twist, to garnish
Pour ingredients into an Old Fashioned glass. Stir to dissolve sugar, then fill with cubed ice. Stir to chill, then garnish with cinnamon stick and orange twist.
- 30ml Glenmorangie Lasanta.
- 100ml red wine. Or, buy a pre-made bottle of mulled wine.
- 50ml press apple juice.
- Mulling spices (cinnamon stick, cloves, anise, vanilla). Or, add a mulling sachet to your red wine.
- 1 dessert spoon of Demerara sugar.
- One slice (wheel) of orange.
Pour ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a simmer on a low heat. Do not allow to boil. Pour into a heat proof cup or mug.
Pumpkin Scotch Latter
- 50ml Glenmorangie Original.
- 50ml espresso.
- 50ml ready-made Spiced Pumpkin Syrup.
- 100ml hot milk.
- Whipped cream and cinnamon, to garnish.
Pour ingredients into a reusable coffee cup. Stir, then add whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon.
Quinta Hot Chocolate
- 50ml Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban.
- 50g dark chocolate (chopped or broken up).
- 50ml double cream.
- Pinch of salt.
- 1 tsp Demerara sugar (to taste).
- Orange twist and gingersnaps on side for dipping.
Pour ingredients into a saucepan and simmer on low heat until chocolate has melted (do not boil). Serve in a glass mug and place the orange twist on top, with gingersnaps on the side for dipping.
Need more ideas?
If you need more cocktail ideas, you may enjoy these blogs:
- Top 5 whisky highball recipes
- Best whiskey sour recipe, and ingredients you'll need
- The 5 best whisky cocktails for Summer
And, if you have some good cocktail ideas, please do let us know in the comments below. We'd love to hear them.