We recently had the opportunity to taste Diageo's 2021 Special Releases Collection. The Special Releases are an annual collection where Diageo showcase their best whiskies. This year's theme is "Legends Untold". The theme is based on Scotland's ancient fables. In these stories, mythical beasts protect the heartlands of Scotland.
Diageo's Special Releases Collection 2021 includes:
- Mortlach 13-Year-Old at 55.9% ABV from Virgin and refill American oak casks.
- Singleton of Glendullan 19-Year-Old at 54.6%, refill American oak casks, finished in cognac casks.
- Talisker 8-Year-Old at 59.7%from heavily peated refill casks.
- Lagavulin 26-Year-Old at 44.2% from PX/Oloroso seasoned first fill casks.
- Lagavulin 12-Year-Old at 56.5% from refill American Oak casks.
- Cardhu 14-Year-Old at 55.5% from refill American oak casks, finished in red wine casks.
- Oban 12-Year-Old at 56.2% from charred American Oak casks.
- Royal Lochnagar 16-Year-Old at 57.5% from American Oak and European Oak refill casks.
We went to Milroy's Spitalfields with our friend Jason Clark from Talisker. Watch our tasting video here to see what we thought about each of the whiskies.
Which whisky takes your fancy? I'd love to hear your thoughts, so let me know in the comments below. And I hope you enjoyed the review!