Tamdhu celebrates Single Cask award hat-trick
Tamdhu Single Malt Scotch Whisky has scooped a ‘Category Winner’ for the third consecutive year at the prestigious World Whiskies Awards (WWA). Each year the World Whiskies Awards grow in popularity across the globe and have become one of the biggest and most respected authorities in the whisky industry.
In the initial results of WWA 2021, the Speyside distiller’s Iain Whitecross (Assistant Distillery Manager) Single Cask was announced as ‘Category Winner’ in the ‘Single Cask, Single Malt Scotch category’. No stranger to success, in 2019 Tamdhu scooped the ‘Best Single Cask Single Malt Scotch’ with its Distillery Team Edition. Going a step further, in 2020 the Sandy McIntyre (Distillery Manager) Single Cask was awarded the ‘World’s Best Single Cask Single Malt’.
In the wake of this latest announcement, Tamdhu has now been crowned as a WWA Single Cask, Single Malt Scotch Category Winner for the third year running. Commenting on the accolade, Sandy McIntyre, Tamdhu Distillery Manager, said: "We’re always delighted to see Tamdhu recognised for its quality – especially by such a prestigious and well-respected judging panel. Our exclusively sherry cask matured single malts win awards thanks to the craft and commitment of everyone at the distillery. Congratulations to the entire team and a special mention for Iain Whitecross, as it is testament to his service at Tamdhu to win such an important industry accolade with his incredible debut single cask.”
Filled on 19th November 2003, the whisky inside the Iain Whitecross Single Cask has notes of deep toffee on the nose, accompanied by milk chocolate, hazelnut, peach, and vanilla. On the palate, a wonderful contrast of rich truffle, sharp zesty orange and warming cinnamon. The finish brings crème caramel, soft oak, wine gums and – of course – unstoppable sherry.
Owned by family firm, Ian Macleod Distillers, Tamdhu uses only the best Oloroso sherry seasoned American and European oak casks giving the award-winning single malt its natural, dark amber colour, intense richness on the palate and its deep, long finish.
Tamdhu exclusively matures in sherry seasoned casks, which are crafted in the family cooperages and bodegas of Jerez, Spain for up to 6 years before beginning their journey to Scotland.
World Whiskies Awards 2021:
- Single Cask, Single Malt (Scotch) – Category winner – Tamdhu Iain Whitecross (Assistant Distillery Manager) Single Cask
World Whiskies Awards 2020:
- Single Cask, Single Malt – World’s Best – Tamdhu Sandy McIntyre (Distillery Manager) Single Cask
- Single Cask, Single Malt (Scotch) – 13 to 20 Years – Category winner – Tamdhu Edinburgh Airport Single Cask
- Single Malt (Scotch Speyside) – No Age Statement – Gold – Tamdhu Batch Strength No. 004
- Single Malt (Scotch Speyside) – No Age Statement – Gold – Tamdhu Dalbeallie II
World Whiskies Awards 2019:
- Single Cask, Single Malt (Scotch) – Best – Tamdhu Single Cask Distillery Team Edition
- Single Malt (Scotch Speyside) – No Age Statement – Gold – Tamdhu Gran Reserva First Edition