Mackmyra Distillery Björksav Swedish Whisky
Key Facts About This Whisky
Range: Seasonal limited edition whiskies
Master blender: Angela D’Orazio
Cask Type: Ex-Bourbon casks, 200 litres; oloroso seasoned American oak casks, 128–200 litres; birch sap wine seasoned Swedish oak and American oak casks, 100–200 litres.
Alcohol by Volume: 46.1%
Bottle Size: 700ml
Mackmyra Björksav Tasting Notes
Nose: Floral and fruity with a light spiciness, vanilla fudge, sandalwood, cedar and toasted bread. Floral and slightly waxy notes of birch sap wine. Round and fruity notes of cherry, raisins, apple, pear and lemon.
Palate: A fresh and fruity spiciness with light minerals and herbs together with vanilla fudge, raisins, apple, ripe pears and lemon. Light spices of vanilla, toasted oak, floral honey, sandalwood, cedar, anise, white pepper and ginger. Round oak and a slightly oily texture.
Finish: Light, spicy notes in harmony with toasted oak and dried fruits.
About Mackmyra Björksav
Mackmyra Björksav (birch sap) is a Swedish single malt whisky inspired by the long-awaited return of spring. By including casks that were seasoned with Swedish birch sap wine, Mackmyra Distillery have created a floral whisky with a fresh spiciness and sweet notes of vanilla fudge. Björksav is a collaboration with Grythyttan wine. The cask make up of this single malt whisky is:
- Whisky aged in ex-Bourbon casks makes up about 30% of the total recipe.
- Whisky aged in oloroso casks makes up about 24% of the total recipe
- Whisky finished in birch sap wine seasoned casks makes up about 20% of the total recipe.
- Whisky aged in other types of seasoned casks makes up about 18% of the recipe.
- Whisky aged in casks of Swedish oak makes up about 8% of the recipe.